Thursday, August 13, 2009

An Assignment

I had finished reading everything I had laying around my house that looked interesting, and serendipitously, a package arrived in the mail from my aunt. It contained a slim volume and a note "L- Have you read this? If not please read and tell me what you think- love you Aunt"

I had a mission.

Because I felt that this was a pressing and urgent mission, a few nights later I took the book into the bath with me. It did not follow the same fate as Prep and stayed dry. (sorry again Stimey--it's karmic retribution for your abnormally long vacations)

Aren't you dying to know what book it was????

The Wife by Meg Wolitzer. It is a thin novel, with a big W and inverted W (m) on the cover. (W on top.) Great cover, a fun play on man/woman, also Meg Wolitzer. Great.

I have only read the first fifty pages or so, but I laughed three times in the first few pages. Wolitzer can be heartfelt and honest at the same time as she is cutting and hysterical. I can't wait to finish this book.

Whoops. Its about a woman married to a famous author for forty years who decides to leave him. I have only read the decision to leave, and the beginning of their relationship, so I can't tell you anymore.

2 comments:

Stimey said...

Hooray for finding a fun new book just when you needed it. Also, on that long vacation, I read six books. Six. That's more than I've read in the last six months.

Term Papers said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards