Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Edited to Add:

I keep finding that I cannot stop mentally revising my posts. Now that I wrote about Skeletons on the Zahara, I have so many more things to say about it. Plus I keep seeing things that would totally go with that post. Plus I hate what I wrote.

I did use "Edited to Add:" yesterday. A little trick I learned from my blogging mentor Stimey.

I also suck at revising. Tenses, run-on sentences, spelling, it never ends. I can spell almost any word aloud, but typing coherently is very difficult for me. Every time I click back to review this blog I see something I need to correct. Already clicked published? Phooey, I just hop right in and change it. Y'all will probably never notice anyway.

Another super hard thing about having a book blog is reading. One has to read books to talk about them. It's tough to read books when you spend so much damn time watching TV. For instance last night, I watched Obsessed and My Life on the D-list. Kathy Griffin KILLS me. Then for good measure, and because I want to be supportive of his new show, I put in a little time with Conan. By midnight, I wasn't into reading a whole lot about Pierre and Natasha.

I think it's time for a TV free week, I will have to DVR So You Think You Can Dance and maybe then I will be able to complete War and Peace, which is on it's second renewal. See what I mean about run-ons?

1 comment:

Stimey said...

I also will fix typos after I publish without mentioning it. I hate finding things like that in my posts.

How many nights ended up TV-free?