Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Over

I just posted "Screen Free Day 4" But really it's day 5  I think. I have literally been so busy this week that even though I am allowing myself screen time in the evenings for blogging, I haven't gotten to write much.

I'm declaring Screen Free a complete success even though I crapped out today.  Caroline was up coughing last night, and so this morning I didn't have the gumption to say no TV to Will.  I think he may have watched TV, played Nintendo Ds, and Wii in sort of a TV withdrawal orgy.

Whoops.

And now we are sitting on the couch watching King Fu Panda.

 Here's the thing.  I love sitting on the couch with my kids. It's so cozy and lazy. Plus, to assuage my guilt I  have plans for a healthy dinner and a then an evening trip to the park.

To sum up: I have also learned how easy it is to reduce screen time and how well my children adapt and blossom in a media free environment.  I plan to have much stricter limits on TV and video games, and I don't anticipate much resistance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! It sounds like the week was a total success!

By the way, I was catching up on your blog -- we have a great little book club that meets in downtown SS -- would you be interested in joining us?

Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! It sounds like the week was a total success!

By the way, I was catching up on your blog -- we have a great little book club that meets in downtown SS -- would you be interested in joining us?