Friday, April 2, 2010

Cat Watch! and More!

The cat leaves my room a little! Hooray. It turns out I'm not a fan of cat hair. Or having a cat box IN MY BEDROOM. The cat has also been wormed and had his toenails clipped.

Patch was pretty shy at first, and wouldn't leave my room. He was social in there, but happy to stay confined. Last night though, he hung out with me and was VERY interested in Life on Discovery Channel. I think he's going to be a good cat. Busy, but good.

Have I been reading? Nah, not alot. I finished Emma. It was lovely.

I also just made a really fun Amazon order for my family. If you know me, you know how rare this is. Will got Lego Star Wars for his Nintendo DSi. I got Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl-Mc Phee. and Caroline got... The Princess and the Frog! Best movie ever. We love it.

Today is going to be a new stuff and Easter egg dyeing day-- always a good day.

Back to Knitting Rules!, I sort of think of Ms. Pearl-McPhee as a sort of sassier, knitting Laurie Colwin. She writes funny and or poignant essays about knitting and all things wool, as well as a very popular blog. This book, published in 2006 has lots of basic knitting information as well as some good recipes for a hats, socks, sweaters. I hope it will turn into a reference book for things like sock sizing and fixing other problems like that..

1 comment:

Stimey said...

Yeah. Cat fur and litter suck. But you get the cat, which makes it a whole lot better.